Translate

Wednesday 9 July 2014

Hello and Welcome to Sim Shape!

With the launch of the Sims 4 approaching, I decided to start a blog dedicated to the game. 

I've been playing the franchise since it began all those years ago, fallen in and out of love with it a million times. I think we can mostly agree that the Sims 3 had its heart in the right place, but eventually became a bloated, laggy mess. 

I've tried to love the Sims 3 again recently, but I just can't get past how poorly it runs. I feel sick at the thought of how much money I've thrown at that game, only for each new piece of content to slow my game down that tiny bit more. 

I'm ready to put that all behind me and start afresh. I hope I've learned my lesson with regards to compulsively buying every piece of available content "just because". 

I know there has been a lot of backlash over the Sims 4 and the choices made with regards to what is in and what is out of the game, but I do not support any of that and I want to keep this space free of negativity. The Sims devs work hard, and spend their free time responding to fans, and I completely appreciate the job that they do. I will make no judgements on the game until I have played it. I'm not thrilled with some of the cuts made from the game, but I'm still very curious to see how it all works. 

This blog is mainly going to be showcasing my Sims and their houses, rather than providing a source of news or speculation. I will also provide review of the games and the content contained within them. 

One of my main aims will be creating Sims of real people. It seems possible to do that now, and it is something I've spent hours trying to do in the past. I came pretty close once, so maybe I'll share that soon. 

I anticipate that I will mostly be posting Sims 4 related content once the game becomes available, or following the general release of the CAS demo. I may post Sims 3 content in the meantime, however as mentioned I am sort of out of love with that game at the moment.

Feel free to vote on the Poll at the side of the page to select which Sim I will be attempting first. 

Watch this space for upcoming content! For now I'll leave you with one of my favourite Sims images, which I have chosen for my current Blog background. 






















Until next time! 


Emma 

No comments:

Post a Comment